Teaching Artists in Residence Program
At the Astor, we offer a state of the art, Teaching Artists in Residence Program!
We are excited to welcome talented and passionate performers and artists from throughout the US to Chelsea, Michigan and The Astor. In this role, our Artists-in-Residence design and implement an arts-centered curriculum for children aged 6 weeks to 5 years, while showcasing their expertise in their respective artistic field.
What can you expect for your child in this program?
- Engaging Curriculum: Our Teaching Artists in Residence Program will develop an age-appropriate arts-centered curriculum that nurtures your child’s creativity and aligns with our organization’s mission and goals.
- Creative Expression: Through daily classes and activities, your child will be immersed in a world of creative expression, fostering their artistic development and imagination.
- Variety of Art Forms: Our Artist-in-Residence will collaborate with our dedicated staff to incorporate music, movement, theater, and other art forms into the curriculum, ensuring a diverse and exciting learning experience.
- Parent Involvement: Our Artist-in-Residence will provide instruction and guidance to parents and caregivers, empowering them to support their child’s artistic growth at home.
- Expertise on Display: The Artist-in-Residence will showcase their expertise in their respective artistic field through public performances, demonstrations, and workshops, inspiring your child with their talent and passion.
- Safe and Nurturing Environment: We maintain a safe and healthy learning environment that meets or exceeds licensing requirements and industry standards, ensuring your child’s well-being while they explore their artistic potential.
Meet our Artists in Residence for Fall 2023!
Cesar is a teacher, actor, and filmmaker. For over a decade, he has appeared in BLOODLINE (Netflix), CHATEAU VATO (HBO Max), countless commercials, and TV appearances. Behind the camera, he has worked as a crew member and crew operator for UNIVISION, the short films: SECOND WIND (2015) and SHORT STEPS (2013) – he is a former student at Upright Citizens Brigade Theater and Second City. Cesar loves mixing improvisation to create a genuine performance in from of the camera and on stage. While in Miami, Cesar was an instructor at the New York Film Academy in South Beach for over nine years, teaching adults and children. Through teaching he has helped bring out every child’s confidence and inner creativity. Cesar is very excited to bring all his experiences to The Astor!
Jocelyn Wade is a singer, actress, and 90’s R&B enthusiast. Hailing from the quaint town of Madison, North Carolina, Jocelyn found her artistic haven in the bustling heart of New York City, where she has resided for the past few years. With a recent graduation from The New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts, Jocelyn holds a degree in Musical Theatre. She is a Classically trained vocalist, honing her skills for over 8 years with rigorous training. She recently competed at the legendary Apollo Theatre’s Amateur Night. Beyond her solo pursuits, Jocelyn has also contributed her artistry to the realm of creating and collaborating with writers and directors in the development of new musicals. As she embarks on a new chapter at The Astor Academy, Jocelyn is thrilled to merge her passion for the arts wither her love of children. She eagerly anticipates the rewarding journey of inspiring the next generation of artists.
Morgan “Mo” Damato is thrilled to be educating and performing with The Astor Academy. She is an actor, singer, teaching artist, and instrumentalist, residing on the Jersey Shore. Mo attended Montclair State University, where she studied Music Therapy for 2 years. Mo has always had an affinity for the arts, as we all do, and she strongly believes that the marriage between education and theatre is such an integral element in the progression of the arts and education. She loves sushi, can recite every single word of “The Wizard of Oz”, and her favorite animal is a unicorn.
We invite you to enroll your child in this unique program, where they can experience the transformative power of the arts while developing their creative potential. Our Artist-in-Residence and Early Childhood Arts Educator position offers an unparalleled opportunity for your child to explore their artistic passions in a safe and nurturing environment.
Don’t miss out on this chance to ignite your child’s imagination and foster their love for the arts. Enroll today and let’s embark on a remarkable journey of artistic discovery together!